This is a weekly meme started by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. Link up, visit blogs and compare lists!
Topic of the Week: Bookworm Delights
Oh where to start...
- Book Covers: I can fall in love with a book based on covers alone. Of course you can't (or shouldn't) judge a book by its cover, but I mean come on, if a book had a gorgeous look and title I'll probably pick it up.
- Near birthday release dates: Is it not the best feeling in the world to have a book released on or around your birthday? If you're really pumped for this book, it makes it all the more special to you! Alsoooo, great excuse to get it as gift, so yay free book for you
- Bookshelves: For avid readers, book shelves are like trophy in our eyes. We get to see all of the books we have conquer and all of the ones we own. Its like our own personal collection and you cannot help but be like an annoying person displaying your achievement.
- Recommending books (and it going well): I have many friends that always say they would read more if they find those books that would get them really interested. Have no fear, Nicolette is here with plenty of books that might appeal to you. There is no greater feeling than someone absolutely LOVING the book you gave them. You practically deserve an award ceremony after it right? I'll get my acceptance speech ready.
- Meeting other book nerds and bloggers: You're not alone out there in the quest to blow through your TBR pile and make the employees at your local bookstore know you by name. Its great to talk with other people who have read books you want to read, who want to talk about books, and are just cool people. What's better?
- OTPs: One of he greatest thing about reading books is getting heavily invested in the characters and then playing match maker. Oh the interesting conversations that spawn from that... We get so heavily invested in who we want to be together and we accept nothing other than that! We definitely get a little crazy but it always keeps us interested.
- Bookish themed items: The amount of times I have coveted pillow bases, blankets, mugs, totes, hats, t-shirts, leggings, etc. is ridiculous. But they are absolutely irresistible! what better way to display your favorite series than proudly walking around with the merchandise. Its also a great way to trap people into conversations about the book. What does this tote say you ask? Well then, step in to my office...
- Meeting authors: Its the ultimate fan girl moment. You want to keep it cool, seem like you're not desperate but you totally are. But then its even better getting to know them as people and see that they are normal and have the tendency to write stories that keep you up until ungodly hours of the night. No biggie.
- Quotes: Book quotes are everything. Its great to be reading a book and then BAM the next line is something so great that you have to stop everything you're doing to document it. Then all of a sudden you have accumulated a large amount of them and they're all so beautiful and from different books but you love them all the same.
- Reading: Actually sitting down whenever you can find the time to crack open a book is great. We read between classes, during breaks, while eating, hell even on the phone. I love staying up late to read, even though my body will make me hate it in the morning, I'll be okay knowing how much I read.